Sunday, May 11, 2014

Day 4

GOOD MORNING Việt Nam!!!!!!!!!!!

After only 5 hours of sleep the two days before I was able to get a whopping 3 hours back at the hotel. So essentially I was up at 5:30 am and did the only logical thing possible and watched How I Met Your Mother clips until my roommates almost ditched me for breakfast. I had my first taste of Vietnamese food and it was great, granted I didn't know what it was but it tasted good.
We piled on the bus and headed over to UEF to meet our Vietnamese counterparts for the first time. They had a great presentation for us in which they sang, but unfortunately no one know the words to either I'm Yours by Jason Mraz or Heal the World by Michael Jackson, so we just hummed and laughed at the overall awkwardness of the situation. 
Then we went to language class where I met the lovely and helpful Tran who helped Hailey and I struggle through our first language lesson. Mostly it was just a lot of us saying different versions of la or ba and the Vietnamese students laughing.

After getting back to the hotel Morgan, Hailey and I attempted to get money out of an ATM, and though we succeeded, we all had to cram into a tiny glass structure and look like a bunch fools. And we headed off to the US Consulate. We had a short history lesson then headed inside to meet some of the Foreign Service members.

No comments:

Post a Comment